Garlic, My Soul
September 2009 – present
Founder, Editor, & Creator
• Garlic, My Soul is a food blog dedicated to bringing real food to people of all walks of the kitchen world; those who have never cooked, those who love to, and those looking to make small changes to make an impact on their health and the world’s food system. Visit us at www.garlicmysoul.com.
Six Degrees LA
August 2015 – present
• Project manage client accounts.
• Manage our social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
• Manage our internal blog, Dig In, including ideation, copywriting and editing posts.
• Copywriting and ideation for client projects as needed.
April 2013 – August 2015
• Assist with planning, logistics, and coordination of trade shows and marketing materials.
• Work with marketing department to update and review materials including print, web-based, and social media platforms.
Everyday Health, Inc.
October 2012 – February 2013
• Write original content for the website BetterEats.com.
• Research ingredients, health benefits, and recipe components for recipe creation.
• Create, prepare, and photograph recipes for site’s recipe database.
• Edit content and create graphics on BetterEats.com and affiliated social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Edelman Public Relations
July 2011 – October 2012
• Provided support to three executive vice presidents, including maintaining calendars, answering telephones, maintaining expenses, booking travel, and providing visa and passport management.
• Supported the corporate, consumer, and multicultural teams, including scheduling team meetings, researching for new business client projects, and editing presentations and documents.
• Co-chaired the Living in Color Committee, a committee dedicated to the social, philanthropic, and environmental causes and events at Edelman’s Los Angeles office.
Admissions Coordinator and Ambassador Liaison April 2011 – July 2011
Admissions Assistant and Ambassador Liaison September 2008 – April 2011
• Maintained the database and web content for the Admissions office, including creating queries, exports, and reports for statistical reporting.
• Coordinated and executed events for prospective and current students and their families, including creating invitations, managing guest list, creating and maintaining event presentations and other necessary materials, and managing faculty and staff participation.
• Organized the office’s needs, including ordering supplies, maintaining files, cooperating with other departments and other schools.
• Coordinated and managed the ambassador program, a club in the high school for student tour guides.
Olympic News Service
Flash Quote Reporter
July 2008 – August 2008
• Interviewed track and field athletes and coaches in the National Stadium during the Beijing 2008 Olympics.
• Covered press conferences for athletics athletes and coaches.
• Submitted interview and press conference coverage to Olympic wire service for use in international news.
American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts
Web Design Intern
February 2008 – May 2008
• Redesigned and created the ACLUM’s website using Adobe Dreamweaver. (www.aclum.org)
• Worked with Christopher Ott, Communications & Web Manager, on design.
• Used Final Cut Pro to edit video for rightsmatter.org, an education website designed to help students learn about the Bill of Rights.
Resident Director’s Office, Emerson College
Spring Semester 2007
Academic Year 2007-2008
• Worked as an office assistant including responsibilities such as copying, making files for the office’s use, completing paperwork for the resident assistant staff, and maintaining a clean office for the resident assistants.
Office of Housing & Residence Life, Emerson College
Spring Semester 2007
Academic Year 2007-2008
• Responsible for working with residents on my floor of the resident hall to provide guidance to college life, including social, educational, and extracurricular life.
• Explained College policy and regulations, referring students to College services and offices, reacting to emergency situations, advising students, sponsoring programs and acting as a general source of support
Emerson College, Boston, MA May 2008
Bachelor of Science in Print and Multimedia Journalism
Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.79 of 4.0
Soccer Coordinator April 2011 – August 2014
Sports Coach April 2009 – April 2011
• Coach soccer, basketball, and volleyball three seasons a year (September – June) for students ages 4-13.
• Coordinate the soccer program for three seasons (Fall, Winter, and Spring)
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Office, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Pagemaker, Adobe Dreamweaver, Final Cut Pro, iMovie; Certificate of Excellence in Blackbaud’s Education Edge Admissions Office and Registrar
Nixon D800 Digital SLR, Sony DX35 ENG SD Camera, JVC 5100, Compact Flash Pro Recorders 1-15, SD Recorders 1-5, Pro Mini Disc Recorders